Direct - 908-789-4519
SOCIAL DISTANCING IS PHYSICAL DISTANCING
Please do your part in stopping the spread of COVID 19, a very serious infection, by maintaining social distancing. Social distancing is actually physical distancing, a distance of at least 6 feet between people. Since COVID 19 is spread by droplets from the respiratory tract of an infected person, it is important to keep a space of 6 feet between individuals to prevent being exposed to the virus in the droplets.
It is critical that students refrain from having friends visit to “hangout”, sleep over, or even work on group projects for school assignments. Social distancing must be maintained even when outdoors. Participating in a pick-up basketball game is a violation of the concept of social distancing.
It is very important, however, that students maintain contact with each other daily, and should be encouraged to keep in touch with each other and communicate remotely.
Thank you so much for exercising social distancing.
With wishes that you stay healthy,
Health Services Coordinator
Westfield Public Schools
- Assess and evaluate the health needs of students
- Accommodate students with specific health concerns
- Serve as a health resource for the school community
- Liaison between school, parents, physician and community agencies
- Blood Pressure, Height, & Weight Screenings - See "What's New"
- Vision Screening
- Audiometric Screening
- Health Assessments and Referrals
- Scoliosis Screenings
- Maintenance of health records
- Compliance with State Immunization Requirements
- Administration of medications prescribed by a physician
- Assessment and provision of initial care for illness/injury